Read It and Weep

it's over. move to somnia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? weblog commenting (prev) i kiss boys (next)
Thursday, April 01, 2004
 
The Scandi-Fest recap is delayed, as I have been busy with decompressing following my one-two punch of midterms. However, there's this:

Paranoiac

I think my ears are trying to kill me.

Maybe I'm being a little overdramatic in saying so. The thing is, they're assumed a Tell-Tale Heart-caliber sensitivity. I have to wear earplugs to sleep. I have to wear earplugs to study*--otherwise, I absolutely cannot concentrate. I am apparently the only person in this school who gets (murderously) offended when my classmates hold side conversations during lecture,** because it is so extremely distracting. I think I am alone in feeling overwhelmed by the reverberations of ordinary chatter in the school lobby. (The acoustics there are crazy.)

Where is it going to end? Am I going to find myself moaning in agony over the clatter of dropping a pencil and rush to jab it in my ear to make the pain stop? Yow!

Please wish me well...but no too loud. I'm trying to sleep. (And of course I can hear you.)


*Frequently, I'll be reading in the library and someone will come up and talk to me and it may take a minute before I register his or her presence and pop the little suckers out.

**(Bitches! Bitches! Bitches!) That is so rude, I cannot believe adults--and intelligent adults, one would think--could carry on like that. It disgusts me.



Comments: Post a Comment