Read It and Weep

it's over. move to somnia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? weblog commenting (prev) i kiss boys (next)
Wednesday, February 25, 2004
 
Choices, Choices

I took too long choosing my courses for this semester. I went to about 16 different classes over the first two weeks, because I really wanted to make sure I knew what was out there and make an informed choice--which is made more difficult by the fact that the required courses are all scheduled at overlapping times. (Brilliant, just brilliant.) So I turned my registration in two days after the "official deadline" (although the reg packet said that we could turn in forms until the end of the week for a smallish late fee), and got a rather nasty email from the director of academic affairs (cc'd to the registrar and--inexplicably--the student body president) about how I was an inconsiderate oaf and singlehandedly tearing the university apart from within.* The impulse to write a rude reply of my own has remained pretty strong; I've been in kind of a brittle mood all day, and I really hope it didn't show to anyone. Doesn't help that every news report I come across (and The News is a big part of life in IR-land) features another shocking statement from someone who has altogether too much power for his (and the world's) own good.

It was nice to just come home and cook a big pot of stew while listening to seethe-rock. And now I get to do 100 pages of reading for class tomorrow...all about conflict management. Happy Ash Wednesday!

*hyperbole is all mine.



Comments: Post a Comment