Read It and Weep

it's over. move to somnia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? weblog commenting (prev) i kiss boys (next)
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
 
Not Enough Time

I have a midterm tomorrow in International Monetary Theory. (It's worse than it sounds.) In one sense, this is probably the hardest class I've ever taken, but it doesn't keep me from wasting time when I should be studying. Maybe I've gotten a little cocky since I managed to overcome my frustration* and I have a strong sense of how the basic ideas work. I just want to get a B--I just want to pass. I don't think it'll be horribly hard to pass, and that must be why I'm not studying right now.

* This is actually an amusing anecdote in itself: I wasn't the only student struggling with the material--a group of my classmates went to the academic affairs dean to complain about the professor and petition that he not be asked back due to the miserable time** we're having. The leader of this group then sent a message about this meeting to the class email list--which included the professor. Oops.

** It was really weird at first. He assigns readings from one textbook, then takes his lectures (which he teaches at a Ph.D level, using economic methods we haven't studied, and making frequent mistakes) from another textbook and gave us homework based on outside readings. Things have kind of fallen into place, but only now that I've been studying and I see that some of what he lectured on was covered in readings he assigned three or four weeks later.



Comments: Post a Comment