Read It and Weep

it's over. move to somnia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? weblog commenting (prev) i kiss boys (next)
Friday, September 12, 2003
 
September 12

It's been exactly a year since I handed in my resignation. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and many people counselled me to find another job before dumping the secure one I had. Every once in a while, though, I just have to go with my gut. I wasn't even particularly thinking about graduate school at the time, and I certainly wasn't clear on what course of study to follow. It's astounding, really, to think about the lucky concatenation of events that led me to where I am today...studying international relations...in Italy. Is this the best possible outcome for me?* I can't honestly say, but I like what I've done with me.


*This, I think, is what people mean when they refer to economics as the "dismal science": the conviction that anything but the most absolutely profitable option is somehow inferior.



Comments: Post a Comment