Read It and Weep

it's over. move to somnia.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? weblog commenting (prev) i kiss boys (next)
Friday, August 01, 2003
 
Washington fucking scares me.

I don't mean it in the normal way: the people here don't really affect me much either way--so far, they seem like people anywhere. It's the city itself that gives me the creeps. It's gray and hot and wet and gray (first time, the buildings; second time, the sky) and loud. And OK, one thing about the people bugs me, but it's obviously related to the socioeducational circle I'm in: everyone dresses nice. I'm wearing shorts today (because, like I said before, it's hot. and wet.) and the minute I walked into the school I was very aware of it. People here wear khakis and dress shirts to class. Loafers. Vests. Granted, it's air conditioned in all the buildings, which minimizes the hot-n-sticky time to the few moments spent outdoors, but people! please! Think about personal comfort!

I'm pretty relieved that I chose to spend my first year away from here.

I'm also somewhat ashamed to say that, for the first time in my life, I'm feeling homesick. Pretty damn hard. California is really nice. I don't really know anyone here. I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything fun this weekend. (Except whining--that's pretty damn fun.) I think I may just be a couch jockey. I WANT MY PASSPORT!

Oh, but my preofessors are fun. 'N cool. Yeah.



Comments: Post a Comment